Develop a 10-page digital marketing plan for a provided scenario or for a selected company.
This portfolio work project, a digital marketing plan, will help you demonstrate competency in digital marketing planning and measurement.
For this assessment, choose either Option 1 or Option 2. You do not need to do both. You will apply one of these scenarios in the Requirements below. Both options will be graded using the same scoring guide.
You are an owner of Spokinâ€™ Wheels, a locally owned bicycle shop with two locations. While your original location has been in business for several years, your second location has only been open a few months. The bicycle shops sell new and previously owned major brand bicycles. The shops also provide repairs, offer a small line of bicycle accessories and clothing, and organize group rides on Sunday mornings.Â You and your business partner both want to have a solid digital marketing plan in place to grow the shops.
If you chose Option 2 for Assessments 1 and 2, use the same business for this assessment, or select aÂ different business. Note that it is recommended that you use the same business for eachÂ assessment in this course, using the following criteria for your selection:
- The company fits the assessment requirements.
- You can complete your assessment without disclosing confidential company information.
Contact faculty with questions.
You are one of two owners of Spokinâ€™ Wheels. Your background is primarily in marketing. Your business partner’s background is in operations. While she is focused on making the internal customer-facing processes as efficient as possible, you are working on writing the digital marketing plan.
Your boss, a director, has tasked you with a marketing mix project. He is relying on you to prepare an analysis that can be presented to the executive team of the company. You have completed a couple of special projects for him previously that went very well. You are pleased to have received this new assignment.
Develop a digital marketing plan using the SOSTACÂ® model. Your plan must address each of the SOSTACÂ®Â elements, including:
- Analyze the current situation in terms of customers, intermediaries, and competencies.Â
- Include a SWOT and PESTEL analysis. Conduct a thorough competitive analysis and identify what your competitors are doing in terms of Web presence and social media presence.
- If you selected Option A, Spokinâ€™ Wheels, as your company, you should conduct the competitive analysis on a similar local bicycle shop.â€‹
- Develop specific measurable objectives using the 5 “S”s for a digital marketing framework. Where do you want your company to be?â€‹
- Articulate short- (< 1 year), medium- (1 to 3 years), and long-term (> 3 years) digital marketing strategies. How do you achieve your objectives within these terms?â€‹
- Differentiate various techniques (for example, website, social media, advertising, pay-per-click, events, press releases, sponsorships) to use for implementing strategies. How will you build your sales funnel?â€‹
- Develop a project plan for executing each tactic. The plan is to briefly capture your execution of the tactics.â€‹
- Develop specific metrics to monitor tactics. How do you know things are going as planned? How often will you monitor the metrics?
- The digital marketing plan must be at least 10 pages in length, in addition to the title andÂ reference pages.
Related company standards:
- The digital marketing plan is a professional document and should therefore follow the corresponding MBA Academic and Professional Document Guidelines (available in the MBA Program Resources), including single-spaced paragraphs.
- Include a SWOT and PESTEL analysis with properly cited visual elements.
- Use at least eight scholarly or academic sources, where applicable, one of which must come fromÂ the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, or MIT Sloan Management Review.
- Use APA format forÂ references.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies through corresponding scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze how marketing theories and models inform marketing strategies in the interactive marketplace.Â
- Develop specific, measurable objectives.
- Competency 2: Evaluate how digital marketing tactics contribute to business outcomes.Â
- Articulate short-, medium-, and long-term digital marketing strategies.
- Differentiate various techniques to use for implementing strategies.
- Develop a project plan for executing each tactic.
- Competency 3: Evaluate the impact of relevant data on digital marketing strategies and techniques that support organizational outcomes.
- Develop specific metrics to monitor tactics.
- Competency 4: Analyze how social media can be leveraged to drive awareness, customer relationships, and customer loyalty.Â
- Analyze the current situation in terms of customers, intermediaries, and competencies.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for members of the business professions.Â
- Write coherently to support a central idea with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a business professional.