Please watch the following short video on diversity in teams, then follow the instructions to complete the SLP assignment.
Alloro, L. (2020).Â
Do you want to create a flourishing team cultureÂ [Video]? MAPP Alumni Association. Available in the Trident Online Library Films on Demand database
One of the biggest complaints among managers is the huge amount of time they have to spend in meetings. Ideally the purpose of meetings is to put everyoneâ€™s heads together to solve a problem or make a decision. But far too often they can lead to unproductive, time-wasting conversations and even conflict.
For this assignment, think about some recent meetings youâ€™ve attended where a significant decision had to be made. Think carefully about how some of the problems regarding group decision making that were discussed in the background readings apply to what youâ€™ve experienced. Then write a 2- to 3-page paper addressing the following issues:
1. Are all voices equally heard, and is diversity of the group reflected within the feedback?
2. Is time spent at the meetings productive, or is a lot of time wasted?
3. Are the decisions that are made solid ones? Or do they suffer from problems mentioned in the background materials such as groupthink?
4. Are ideas expressed at meetings creative and original, or are original ideas discouraged?
5. Based on what youâ€™ve described in Questions 1â€“4 above, what kind of group decision-making process would you recommend be used in meetings you attend? Base your answer on readings from the background materials such as Sims (2002).Â
SLP Assignment Expectations
Â· Follow the assignment instructions closely and follow all steps listed in the instructions.
Â· Stay focused on the precise assignment questions; donâ€™t go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials.
Â· Make sure to cite readings from the background materials page