Purpose â€“Â This analysis is an individual assignment where you will analyze your own company in terms of its financial position.Â The easiest approach to this assignment is to complete a traditional financial analysis using key financial indicators along with ratio analysis.Â (For a review, check out chapter 1 or 2 of your finance textbook, titled â€œAnalysis of Financial Statementsâ€.) This assignment is intended to demonstrate the technique benchmarking your organization against your competition. This should help you identify strengths, weaknesses, and trends. Your analysis must include graphs and should cover all turns of the simulation. Detailed instructions are as follows:
Task(s) â€“ This is really a 12-13 paragraph paper with 10 graphs. Do not use bullet points or short answers. You are welcome to use headers if it helps you to organize your thoughts.
– There should be 10 graphs comparing your company’s values to the industry average (e.g., 2 lines per graph, one representing your performance, and the other representing the average of the industry). Each graph should cover all years of the simulation. I highly recommend using line graphs.
– This means there should be 10 different financial indicators used.Â
– The measures can be from the income statement (e.g., revenues) or a financial ratio (e.g., return on equity). 5 of each type of measure (5 non-ratio measures and 5 ratio measures) is required. The book provides a good breakdown of financial information. The simulation does as well.
Â Ratio = x divided by yÂ
Non-ratio = x + yÂ Â Â orÂ Â x-yÂ Â
– A write up for each measure should be performed. You should tell me what the measure is (definition) and then discuss how your company compared to the industry average. These write ups should be roughly 4 sentences each (more if needed). If there are any large peaks or valleys, or your results deviate significantly from the rest of the industry, explain why they are present. Make sure to cite sources if you are using BSG or other descriptions.
– Make sure all your figures are properly labeled and your grammar is consistent. Please make sure your graphs are utilizing the proper scales (e.g., make sure that millions are millions, etc.).
– Do NOT use the graphs or charts available in the simulation. You are expected to create your own graphs in your program of choice (e.g., Excel).
– Most of the averages and information can be found in the reports provided by the simulation in the reports.
– Finally, you need to provide a paragraph or two summary of what you learned from the simulation. Did it meet the expectations that you had set for yourself prior to beginning the simulation? Where there any surprises? Overall, what will you be more aware of when you are working in an organizational context?